500 Albums Challenge 4/500: Songs In The Key Of Life-Stevie Wonder
I was pretty busy yesterday and the day before that so I didn’t listen to any music. But today Imma go on with album №4. This one is by Stevie Wonder. Again, heard of the name before, but never listened to any of his songs. So let’s check this out.
- Love’s In Need Of Love Today- Wow, just 1 and a half minute into it, I’m already loving it! A very chill vibe and Stevie got an attractive voice. I also love the way the background vocals sang. Definitely a perfect song.
- Have A Talk With God- Well, I just don’t really like the instruments playing at the background. Still an interesting song but I definitely like the first one more.
- Village Ghetto Land- Sings about life in the ghetto. Love the lyrics cuz they are real. I can feel how life in the ghetto is like just by reading the lyrics.
- Contusion- Alright, but what is this really? Disco music? Is sounds pretty good though. :)
- Sir Duke- So I did a little research and knew that this song was a single of the album. No doubt this is catchy as well, and I’m loving it! The chorus is so tight that I can’t remove it from my brain lol.
- I Wish- So another single to the album. This one got a typical 70s feel, in my opinion. Still, there’s a reason that this is made as a single. :)
- Knocks Me Off My Feet- This is a slow song. I really love the verses, but the chorus somehow lacks some power.
- Pastime Paradise- Wow!! When I heard the intro I was like, damn, this is so familiar! Then I recalled that I’ve heard it from “Gangsta’s Paradise.” That song must have sampled Stevie Wonder. The melody is so freaking catchy. I basically hummed through the entire song.
- Summer Soft- Okay, the start of the song is stunning. But don’t really like the focus that much.
- Ordinary Pain- I thought the song was over at 2:40 but I was wrong though. I can feel real emotion in it. Though I wonder who’s the female singer for the second half.
- Isn’t She Lovely- Pretty up-tempo. Still, there’s a reason this song is made a single. Super catchy song, love it!
- Joy Inside My Teats- Sweet love song :)
- Black Man- Another song talking about racism problems/discrimination. Really loving the message Stevie’s trying to convey. None of the songs today are that deep.
- “Ngiculela — Es Una Historia — I Am Singing”- A Spanish song, interesting.
- If It’s Magic-
- As- Why, but the song got 90s G-Funk vibe. Still super catchy! Also beautifully written, just like any other Stevie song.
- Another Star-
So, finally made it through the album. It’s the longest album I’ve ever heard so far. Gotta say I really love it, probably better than the first three album on the list. Stevie Wonder is definitely a musically genius!