500 Albums Challenge 25/500: Tapestry- Carole King
Album №25, finally made it here. This one is Tapestry by Carole King. Never heard of the singer or the album. Looks like its the second album so far by a female artist, the first one is Blue by Joni Mitchell, which I absolutely loved. So let’s see how this goes.
- I Feel the Earth Move- Interesting! This song is actually in my playlist but I never knew! Since I added into my favorite, so probably I’ve heard of it before and I liked it. Indeed it’s a good song. Her voice isn’t that good compared to Joni Mitchell though. But still really amazing voice, it’s simply because Joni got the most beautiful voice I’ve ever heard.
- So Far Away- This is so serene and quiet, really the stuff that can calm my mind.
- It’s Too Late- Interesting! This song is in my playlist too. Wow, so I thought I don’t know anything about Carole King but I actually have two songs of her in my playlist.
- Home Again- Another tremendously great song. Carole King is so talented. Man, how much I wish I could live in the 70s.
- Beautiful- Love this. Love the piano at the break.
- Way Over Yonder- The saxophone at the break is really surprising. And it fits well with the mood of the track
- You’ve Got a Friend- A song about friendship. Everything about it is so real.
- Where You Lead- The guitar comes in, things can only get better. This is my favorite track on the album so far.
- Will You Love Me Tomorrow?- Feels really good.
- Smackwater Jack- The guitar solo at the break sounds great. Interesting lyrics.
- Tapestry- Again, so smooth and soft, probably the exact type of music I need right now. Carole King is really really a great storyteller.
- (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman- Wow!
This is definitely a great album! Not in any way worse than Blue by Joni Mitchell. To be honest both are classics. Man, how good were those days.