500 Albums Challenge 24/500: Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band- The Beatles
Been really really busy these days, can’t even take an hour to listen to great albums. But now I’m back, trying out the third Beatles album on the list. My first two experience with the Beatles were both pretty good, and this is a super famous album, so I already got high expectations lol.
- Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band- The guitar kills it in the intro. This really really feels like an intro to the album, like the beginning of a concert, when the band gets introduced to the audience.
- With a Little Help from My Friends- So this one connects directly to the end of track 1, amazing! I love the melody and the feel of the guitar in this song. Really, the best thing about old music is that it brings back old vibes, and this one exactly does the job.
- Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds- Intriguing song. The chorus just sounds really harmonious, and catchy. Gotta say that John Lennon got a great voice.
- Getting Better- The lyrics really clicked with my heart. Since I kinda hate my school too, and life is kinda messed up sometimes, but things will get better.
- Fixing a Hole- Love this.
- She’s Leaving Home- Talks about a girl leaving home, again, kinda relatable lol.
- Being for the Benefit of Mr.Kite!-
- Within You Without You- Why does this feel like Indian music? The Beatles gotta be legends by incorporating Indian music into rock. But honestly this feels kinda weird.
- When I’m Sixty-Four- Love the feel.
- Lovely Rita-
- Good Morning Good Morning- Not much a fan
- Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band(Reprise)- Man, the guitar is going crazy in the beginning. I heard the audience clapping again, so its another simulation of a live performance?
- A Day in the Life- Heard of this before, know its a masterpiece. And I totally love this song. Know its my type of music after the first 30 seconds. A weird transition near the middle, sound like a train or something is approaching. So the song is divided into multiple sections?
Great album overall. A few of the songs are not really my type but I still enjoy it. The Beatles are legends, and the last track is something that I’ve never seen before in my life. Can’t wait to hearthe next Beatles album.