500 Albums Challenge 23/500: The Velvet Underground & Nico- The Velvet Underground
So, after skipping №22, we now jump to №23. I’ve never heard of this band or this album, so pretty curious about it. My last experience with a band that I don’t know wasn’t good. Hope this one turns out better.
- Sunday Morning- Great intro, really sounds like a morning. Gotta say I love this song. Sounds smooth and soft, and soft rock is one of my favorite genres. I just feel like I like American rock more than British rock. Is that just a coincidence?
- I’m Waiting for the Man- Well, not really a fan of this song…
- Femme Fatale- Wow, this is stunning. Feels like amazing stuff for bedtime music lol.
- Venus In Furs-
- Run Run Run-
- All Tomorrow’s Parties- Sound kinda weird for me…
- Heroin- Things really really changed around 1:30 when the tempo goes up. Is that because the musicians are sucking heroin? Really interesting song though. Got a weird vibe.
- There She Goes Again- Great song. I can say this is my favorite type of rock music.
- I’ll Be Your Mirror- The intro is so good! And so it remains throughout the song. Perhaps my favorite song in the album.
- The Black Angel’s Death Song-
- European Sun-
Well, not a bad album, but I don’t like it that much either. There are a few great songs that I enjoy, but maybe 60s rock is too overwhelming for me.