500 Albums Challenge 11/500: Revolver- The Beatles
So that’s another Beatles album, the second one on this list. My last experience with the Beatles was pretty good. Abbey Road is a fantastic album and I love it. Let’s see how Revolver sounds.
- Taxman- The guitar is really going crazy, now a bad start of the album. So really, what are they trying to express. What is really a “taxman”?
- Eleanor Rigby- Well…
- I’m Only Sleeping- Feel in love with it since the start. This song feels political. I don’t know what the Beatles were really trying to say, but it’s definitely related to the society and the world.
- Love You To- Well, sounds weird to me…
- Here, There And Everywhere- The start of the song is stunning! Very throwback and reminiscent vibe. Definitely love it.
- Yellow Submarine- So this is the most famous song. Is it just me, or this sounds like a nursery rhyme.
- She Said She Said- Not much to say. As long as guitar is used as an instrument, a song will sound good.
- Good Day Sunshine- Awesome!
- And Your Bird Can Sing- The album is getting better and better at this point. The start was a little disappointing to me but now I’m loving it. This might be my favorite track so far. Again, splendid guitar.
- For No One- WOW! This is so smooth.
- Doctor Robert- Great song, talks about contemporary issues.
- I Want To Tell You- Love the vibe of the song.
- Got To Get You Into My Life-
- Tomorrow Never Knows-
Overall it’s a great album, but I would say that I prefer Abbey Road over this one. The first half is kinda disappointing, in my opinion. The second half got much better though.